Sunday, December 30, 2012

Get You Some Goals End


Review of my goals in 2012. I know it's going to be sad. 

1. Take a family picture (I know, you are all laughing, aren't you?)
You had good reason to laugh if you did. It didn't happen. 

2. Have an organized move come June
Thanks to all the help we had and being able to leave Henry for two nights with my mom, we were able to get everything done fairly smoothly.

3. Attend the temple 12 times in the year
I didn't keep track but I think we went closer to 6 or 7 times before Thea came. 

4. Be a better visiting teacher
I am sure I could have been better than I was, but I think I did improve. 

5. Magnify my calling
I tried, but honestly, I am not sure I can feel I did this very well. It was difficult especially since I felt like I didn't have much support. But I learned some things and hopefully if I ever have that calling again I will know how to go at it better. I have been subbing since we moved but got a calling last week but won't start until the second Sunday of the month. 

6. Read Daughters in My Kingdom: The History and Work of the Relief Society
Yay, one I can definitively say I did do. 

7. Read 10 books (plays and short story collections can count too, maybe a few plays to count as 'a book')
All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot
All Things Wise and Wonderful by James Herriot
All Things Bright and Beautiful by James Herriot
Bleak House by Charles Dickens 
Daughters in my Kingdom
Short Stories of Oscar Wilde
Silas Marner 

I guess if I count two or three of the Oscar Wilde stories as one a piece I can make it to 10...But wow, I really need to read more this yearc. 


8. Finish all of MI-5 (kind of a stupid one, but a doable one, plus I won't be able to handle it when the post-partum hormones come)
Yes! This was how Johann and I de-stressed at night.  

9. Have one-on-one time with Henry
I should have defined this goal better. We have been together a lot, obviously, but I am not even sure what I meant by one-on-one time now exactly. Sooo probably didn't do this as well as I should have. 

10. Go on 6 actual dates with Johann (ie-not dates we have at home)
Didn't keep track. But I'd say we did at least 3 or 4.

11. Continue working out daily
Yeah, around 4 months I sissied out. 

12. Work on family history (transcribing my dad's journal, taking names to the temple, they also just called a couple to teach a family history class so we'll attend that)
I've transcribed a bit of my dad's first journal and taken some names to the temple. That family history class never started up in our old ward either. Last night I distributed some names to my brothers so hopefully I will soon have all the printed names done. Next I need to learn how to research and find ancestors to add. My brother is going to take some family history courses and I'll just have to have him teach me the ways. 

13. Send out birth announcements for the little one
I did it! If you didn't get one don't be offended, I only had enough for family since we were still living off savings. 

Hey, that turned out better than I thought it would. I guess past me knew that 2012 me wouldn't be able to get much done and made some reasonable goals. Here's to the end of 2012 and looking forward to a new year. 

No comments: