Monday, August 1, 2011

Update (zwei)

I'm sure everyone is dying to know what we've been up to. I have lots of posts I should catch up on but I'm not sure I'll get to it tonight so here is a quick rundown of what has happened very recently and whats coming:

I finished another puzzle with my mom. Woot. Johann even got in on this one. It was way more fun than the last landscape one we did. I know, I'm turning into a 60 year old. But, it's hot outside and we're poor, so, puzzling it is. Not to mention it has been a fantastic way to deal with stress.


Johann, my mom, Karen and I have all had to give talks in the past three weeks. Poor ward. They must be sick of hearing from this house.

We had a HUGE storm on Saturday. We got soaked just walking from the car to the house. Henry was really concerned about his little stone bunny in the front yard and braved the storm to bring him to shelter.
Today Johann and I went to Henderson and met with a real estate agent who showed us some different rentals. We found one we really like, a little townhouse and another that is nice but in a hugenormous apartment complex which I'm not a big fan of.

We're trying to work out a 10 month contract with the townhouse but it may not happen. That's part of the student life. It'll be over soon enough and then we'll probably miss it, right?

While we were out in Henderson, Henry stayed in Apple Valley with my mom and was taken care of much to his liking. Getting to have fast food and play in the play place, getting to run around outside all morning, getting to go with Grammy to the store and get a sweet new batcave toy and having Grammy's undivided attention.


Tomorrow we head to Riverside for a few days where we've planning to go to the La Brea tarpits and do a day the beach and have a bonfire there. That's right-s'more time.

And that's all for now, folks.

No comments: