Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Little Light

So far today has been good. Instead of opening emails that make me cry from disappointment (or lets be honest, over half of the time, anger) we got one that made me cry with relief/happiness. It looks like Johann may finally be able to have a date to set up a thesis defense that will allow him to graduate.

Now, we've been here 1, almost 2 times before and then it's all been shut down or pushed back. But I want to remember if that happens again how grateful I am at this point for what has been done for us and the prayers that have been prayed for us.

I'm so grateful for one of Johann's committee members, who, though not the chair, continued to advocate for him yesterday when it was looking like everything really was done and graduation was no longer an option. Now, I am grateful for what the chair has been trying to do but this other committee member is the only one who has never told Johann, 'well, not graduating isn't the end of the world, lets just wait a month after the deadlines and you won't graduate, but it's more convenient and then you can make sure you have work you're really proud of' type of thing. He seems to understand what not graduating means for our little family and cares. So thank you.

I also know that between tears and frustration and anger I have been blessed with moments of peace and calm that I know have come because of the prayers of family and friends. I think I'd probably be needing to be institutionalized at this point if I didn't have those respites. So thank you.

Finally, I'm grateful that despite acting like a spiritual 2 year old and throwing tantrums Heavenly Father's way almost weekly, He continues to bless and sustain us where and when it matters most.

We're not through this yet, maybe not even close. But at least today there is a glimmer of hope, a possible light at the end of the tunnel. And for that, I am grateful.


2 comments:

Lizaveta - Konfeta said...

I am praying everything will work out for you that way you are hoping for..

Joshua and Rachel said...

This is great news! I hope it works this time. Praying for you guys.