Monday, September 21, 2009

Highlights from the summer II

Balboa Park. This sign is on the merry-go-round. My mom use to ride it when she was little and according to her, if you grabbed a brass ring, you got a free ride; if you got an iron ring you threw it at a poster of Hitler. I wish they still did it that way!

Grammy Goodwin riding on the Balboa Park train. Henry couldn't stop staring at the giraffe above Grammy.

Hotel del Coronado (where "Some Like It Hot" was filmed)

Tide pools

Ginormous bird that tried to swoop down on Henry...ahh, I hate birds.

Cabrillo Point


Soccer game at the Rose Bowl between Barcelona FC and LA Galaxy. Biggest crowd to watch a soccer game in the US aside from the 1994 world cup

San Diego Wild Animal Park with the elusive okapi in the background


Henry feeding the deer in the petting zoo-he is braver than I am.


He can sure be cute sometimes!


Classic Rhino statue that Henry was afraid of


At Huntington Library with our friends Lev and Elena. I love this place. We went there often while I was a kid and its where Johann proposed to me.


Went to the beach-Henry did not love it-especially the sand.


Got together with some old friends


Took Henry to yet another water park


Well, there was our summer in a nutshell!

No comments: