Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mothers Day

I can't help it. I'm not a fan of Mothers Day. There. I said it. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that it is always sandwiched somewhere in between Henry's birthday, our anniversary and what seems to be our yearly panic time of not knowing where we are going.
It's not that I don't love my mom or am not grateful for mothers, or my blessing to be a mom, I just get celebration burn out and wish 'they' whoever they are, would move it to August. Is that so much to ask?

Oh and the guilt, there's always the guilt. I especially feel bad for husbands because they have to make sure to do something wonderful for not just their mom but also their wife, because, why exactly? I suppose it's because I am the mother of our children, but really it kind of stinks with the double duty for them, I think.

Anyway, because I may some day change my mind and because Johann feels like he is a stinky husband if he doesn't, we do a little something. Snap a picture, and Henry and Johann make me breakfast either in the morning or for dinner depending on our ward's meeting time. This year we did it for dinner.

 So here I am with the little guy who made me a mama. I can't believe how big he is just compared to a year ago. 
 And here we are with Henry making the best face ever while touching my ginorm 31 week 2 day baby belly. She is definitely growing...yeah and I am too. 

Then brinner. Someone got a little wild with the syrup there, but other than that-delicious.

Despite my less than enthusiastic attitude about the holiday, I am very, very grateful to get to be a mom. More importantly, I am ever thankful for my mom who is always a support and who, as I get further into this parenting thing, I realize did so many things right and taught me about what is really important. 
Happy Mothers Day

No comments: