Wednesday, May 18, 2016

A Golden Time

I was realizing today that we've hit a golden time in our family life. We're in our own home. Johann has a job close to the house that enables him to come home for lunch frequently. I'm able and want to stay home with the kids. When our kids aren't with us, they're with extended family, but mostly they're with us, and they still want it to be that way. They still want us to read to them, hold them, hug them, and tell us about their lives. There are also times they fight and drive us nuts. The house isn't as put together as I'd like it, and we can feel short on time, money, or sleep, but we worry about that stuff enough, and let it get in the way of realizing that all those times we talked about and dreamed of having our own little family within four walls, growing together-it's happening. For however long it can last, I am grateful.


3 comments:

Maren said...

I love this! It's so hard to get out of the "when ___ happens I will be happy/successful/etc" mindset. I'm glad you guys are in a good place.

Maren said...

I love this! It's so hard to get out of the "when ___ happens I will be happy/successful/etc" mindset. I'm glad you guys are in a good place.

Elise said...

Love this! Thank you.