Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Summer Week 3

Monday:

I got up a bit earlier than usual and decided to use up our bananas for some muffins for breakfast. Thea and Leo woke up part way through and 'helped'. 



The rest of the day was spent mostly at home just doing every day things.

The kids painted.
 Henry

 Thea 

Leo

When we called Leo to FHE he came out looking like this and then kept running around saying something unintelligible and flinging his arms open like he was throwing out rainbows and puppies. It was hilarious. 

Tuesday:

We finally made it to Knott's to have a make-up celebration for Henry's birthday. More in another post.

Wedneday:

We were all pooped after our 12 hour day at Knotts.

When Johann got home we tried a few more things to help our chicken (named Happy by Thea and then changed by her to Floating Eyeball of Death-try saying "please bless Floating Eyeball of Death to get better," in a prayer. It's hard not to laugh.) who has been staying sitting and won't move much or lay.
From what we read it seemed like she had a misshapen/overly large/too soft egg stuck in her vent. So Johann had the lovely task of giving her a warm bath to relax her and then had to check the vent. Nothing was there, though. The coop needed cleaning so Johan didn't want her all wet to get more dirty so I had the pleasure of blow drying the chicken. Apparently chickens don't like being blow dried.

The next day, we finally saw her try to walk and she limped on her left leg. So somehow she injured it. Would have been nice to know before all the vent business...Anyhow, she is still eating and managing to get around more daily it seems, so hopefully she'll fully recover. It'd be sad to lose another one so soon after the possum killed Saoirse chicken.

Thursday:

I took the kids to the park with a friend and her kids and they played for a good long time in addition to finding this snail.


Friday:

My mom and I took the kids to see Cars 3. It wasn't as bad as Cars 2, but still not good. It was worth it though to sit in the really cool air conditioned theater. Thea had also been asking me for a week to try and give her a heart braid so I gave it my first attempt and was pretty proud it wasn't a total mess. I did it for her again on Sunday and it looked better, so woo! Leo keeps asking to have one too...haha.

Saturday:

We took the kids to the library to turn in their book lists and get their prizes.


Then we went to target for a few things and Thea earned a dollar by being the only child to stay quiet from check-out to the car. It was one of those days. I've never done financial bribery like that but I may try it again sometime.

That evening we all took the kids to see Captain Underpants. While it wasn't my favorite, I liked it fine which is better than I expected. I think it was actually well done and they managed to do the potty humor without it being grossly excessive. Also Johann got a coke slushy that I tried, and I think I may have found a 'beverage' I'm willing to waster sugar intake/calories on. So good.

Sunday:

We celebrated Father's Day with breakfast here before church and then went to Riverside to spend with Johann's parents that afternoon.

Henry made this sign while I was making breakfast, haha. He knows his dad. 


And that was the end of our third week of summer break. Hard to believe it's been that long already.

No comments: