Thursday, January 21, 2010

Is it really so bad...

to want my very own "home library" someday? It doesn't need to be extravagant; just a potbelly stove in the corner, hardwood floors with a big soft rug, wood paneled shelving from wall to wall and a giant overstuffed chair with a soft throw tossed over its back. Sigh.

My obsession with this led me to look at pictures of other home libraries the other day and I think I found some good bits of inspiration for my own someday:

The color of the book shelves on this one


Maybe the window seat in this one. Though, I don't think there should be too much light in the room.


The floor and shelves in this one.


And the ladder in this one.


And in a related strain of thought, I must soon acquire these:and these

Don't worry, I've already begun. I got an amazon gift card in my stocking for Christmas and put it to good use a few days ago. Today a package arrived with this in it:

Oh, and another question: is it bad to want my books to be intelligent, thought-provoking, creative and pretty? I know. I know. Shallow.

3 comments:

Amber Lenora said...

I've just started going through the same phase. I love it. I hope you also choose to include the hard drinks in picture 1. If all you do someday is sit at home and read, you might need them :) Keep having cute little ones.

Mary said...

I want one too! Ü

Maren said...

I'm drooling...