Thursday, February 3, 2011

Henry and Halloween

Henry loves, loves, loooves Halloween, which I find funny because he has never gone trick-or-treating and gotten a ton of candy; it's just the dressing up, the ghosts, witches and monsters that he loves.
This year he informed me very early on as to what this year's costume would be:

"I be Rufus Two Left Feet, Mommy."

Rufus is a little monster who loves to dance but as you guessed, he has two left feet so the only dance he can do is the wallop. Another little monster named Maddie appears half way through the book who, yup, you guessed it again, ends up having two right feet. Henry also told me that his friend Abigail is going to be Maddie. I told him she might not want to dress up like a monster. He looked at me like I had just told him ice cream is gross.

Fast forward to this past week. Henry is now saying he wants to be a robot. While I think I could create a robot with much less trouble, I was getting excited to try and make the Rufus costume. I mean, he can be a robot any year, right?

Now I'm debating with myself if I should ignore his most recent wish and press forward with looking for supplies for the Rufus costume or if I should just let the kid be a robot. *sigh*
I'll let you know what I decide and then you can judge how good or bad of a mother I am- so stayed tuned. =)

2 comments:

Joshua and Rachel said...

Henry is so darn cute. But he will probably change his mind 3 more times as what he wants to be before October comes around.

Ashby Family said...

You know its only February right? You have SEVERAL months until Halloween.