Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Say what?

I take myself waaaay too seriously in some ways and definitely not seriously enough in others. I'm a bit preachy (what can I do, I have hell-fire and brimstone baptists genes). I complain in my little myopic way annnnd I ramble like the dickens. But thankfully, now I know that there is at least one person who really appreciates this, and truth be told, I will take an ego stroking every once and a while, so thank you for awarding me the "Stylish Blogger Award," Jess!

Jessica Perkins has a pretty sweet blog herself. If you want to check it out, you should go here. Whenever I look at her blog it is either filled with pictures of delicious food she's made, awesome crafts or sewing projects (she made Luke, her son, a sweet Woody costume and now I wish I lived near her so she could help make Henry's!) and the humor in her writing about self/life doesn't disappoint.

Now, as with all great gifts in life, come great responsibilities. Attached to this award are some criteria I must meet in this post, otherwise they take away my blog's extensions, tummy sucker and weekly injection of botox to leave it very style-less and frumpy.

Lets begin:
Thing #1: Thank, and link back to, the person who awarded you this award
Done and done. See above.

Thing #2: Share 7 things about yourself

1. I am always shocked by my lack of adventurousness. Last night Johann and I were talking and I said in response to something, "well, yeah, some people are really crazy-like going skydiving all the time or you know, canoeing!" Canoeing? Really? It was the first crazy thing in my mind after skydiving. Just sad.
*now don't tell me that doesn't look dangerous!


2. I'm left-handed. I use to be proud of it, then my first day in public school a girl saw me writing and said, "you know they burned left-handed people at the stake for being witches!" Geez, and home-school kids are suppose to be the weird ones?

3. Speaking of home-schooling, I was home schooled until 5th grade. Now, people always say kids who were home schooled are weird because of home schooling. I don't really think that's true. I think the problem is usually that crazy parents go all crazy and decide to home school their genetically crazy kids, giving any sane person who decides to do it a bad rap.

4. I'm stealing this from Jessica since she mentioned her TV crush. I don't know about our status now, but for a good while when Henry was obsessed with Curious George, I had a thing for the man with the yellow hat. When I suggested to Johann that we could all be characters from Curious George for Halloween last year, he was pretty much appalled because he thought I was just trying to live out my fantasy. Psssh. SO NOT TRUE. Well, who knows what our subconscious does to us!
5. I have an intense fear of hitting my eyes on anything pointy, like my night-stand corner. I have actually had nights where I really can't fall asleep because I am afraid once I do, I'll roll off the bed and hit my eyeball directly onto the corner. gaaah.

6. I like to read but I have never been good about sniffing out contemporary books. I usually just read what are deemed, 'classics'. I feel like there is so much that has been written before that I have to finish that before I move on. Also, I feel like a book that has come through so many readers and years and is still praised is a good sign I won't be wasting my time. *Except for The Great Gatsby. Oh and Heart of Darkness. I hate you.

7. I know it will never happen because we'll never be wealthy, but I really, really want to have my own library. Despite the lack of attainability I still picture new things about it constantly. *sigh*

*Potbelly stove would be a library must.

Thing #3 Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers


Well, I won't do 15 but here are some that come to mind:


I think 3 is sufficient.

Thing #4 Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
I'm going to be lame and just tell them on here since Henry is about to wake up from his nap and I'll forget if I don't do it now!
Mika-You're blog is great. You are so good at posting regularly and I love all your recommendations. I love your writing and I admire your determination to finish school, raise two kids, still read non-school related books and let everyone share in it through your blog.
Maren-You make it seem completely natural to have back to back posts on fighting gender inequalities, reviewing the latest novel you've read, family events, work and baking cinnamon rolls. I love that your passions are not necessarily separated but just simply a part of the whole that is you.
Megan-Reading your blog makes me want to be a better mom. Really. Not in the, "oh I need more toys or gimmicks for my kids," but in the sincere, "she really knows how to love those children," kind of way.

So here is to the three of you for being stylish bloggers. Thank you!


No comments: