Sunday, June 12, 2011

4 Years


We did it! 4 years of marriage and no one has lost any limbs or anything!


Our anniversary, May 19th, was on a Thursday this year. Thanks to our friends watching Henry we went out to dinner at Maria Bonitas in Orem. The best part about it is having leftovers for about 2-3 meals. Their flautas are huge, the length of my form arm. They are quite tasty too.


For our anniversary gift we decided to go see the SLC Symphony at Abravanel Hall in SLC the following weekend (thanks to our other friends for watching Henry!). It was the season closer and they did pieces from Strauss, Ives and Stravinsky. I am not familiar with Ives but I really enjoyed it, very bold and somewhat cheeky. The Strauss was beautiful and Stravinsky, well, they did The Rite of Spring, it was INCREDIBLE. Closing with that piece was phenomenal and we left the hall wanting to riot, just like back in the day, only from the spur of awesomeness, not from disapproval. Ok, so we didn't feel like rioting but my goodness, we loved it.

Inside Abravanel Hall before the concert began.

Excited concert goers

View from the lobby.

I think this might have been the best anniversary we have had yet considering we got to go out to dinner AND a concert. It's fun to see our tastes growing, morphing, fusing and enjoying new things together. I love having a partner and companion who I can enjoy life with and share the struggles with. I'm grateful from all I can learn not just by being married but being married to Johann; maybe it's not apparent yet but I feel like he has taught me important traits I have lacked, like taking correction and being more quick to apologize and forgive. I know our shared goal is to help each other become who Heavenly Father wants us to be, so I am grateful to know we support each other along that path by encouraging those traits.
I love my husband and I'm grateful to have spent the past 4 years together. A happy anniversary, indeed.

Do you want capability, safety, and security in...romance, in married life and eternity? Be a true disciple of Jesus. Be a genuine, committed, word-and-deed Latter-day Saint. Believe that your faith has everything to do with your romance, because it does. Jesus Christ, the Light of the World, is the only lamp by which you can successfully see the path of love and happiness. How should I love thee? As He does, for that way “never faileth.”
-Elder Holland, "How do I love thee" New Era, October 2003

1 comment:

Maren said...

Happy anniversary! (Well, a month ago) :)