Thursday, February 13, 2014

Baby Simonds 3.0

Thank heavens it's finally official that baby 3 is a BOY! The official due date is June 11th which means I'll be scheduled for surgery sometime around June 4th. 

Our ultrasound around 16 weeks wasn't conclusive though the NP said she thought it was a boy but we had better wait until the next appointment to be sure. We had an insurance lapse because of the job change so it was about 6 weeks until our next appointment.
At the next appointment we had the older screen and ultrasound machine and a different NP who said she was 80% sure it was a girl but I was so surprised and just wasn't sure I believed it that we decided to wait until we had the outsourced anatomy ultrasound the next day to be positive. 
I was pretty thrown when she said it was a girl because I really felt and thought it was a boy. It wasn't that I didn't want a girl, it was more it made me feel like I didn't really know the little person growing inside me after all. 
That night I worked on getting in the frame of mind that we'd have another little girl and not boy and tried to start thinking of girl names.
The next day we did the anatomy ultrasound and low and behold, it was very definitive that it was actually boy after all and I felt much better about my mommy instincts. 




I love the last one of his little crossed legs.
During most of the ultrasound he was popping his head in and out between his arms like 'peekaboo' which was pretty adorable.
I'm mildly terrified to have a third child for whom I will not have a third hand, especially since Thea still hasn't gotten down the stay by mommy thing when we go out, but we'll just have to work it out somehow. We look forward to having this little boy in our family!

3 comments:

Bryan and Natalie said...

I applaud you. I'm so terrified to have even a second child, I can't imagine working on a third! Congrats! I can't wait to meet the little guy!

Maren said...

Congratulations! Good job on your instincts. :)

Joshua and Rachel said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for your family.