Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Henry's Room Redo

Very slowly my mom has been doing improvements on the house, trying to get ready to be able to retire. While we've been here we've been trying to do what we can to and Henry's room has been one of the neglected areas that desperately needed updating. Any improvements that we do that are retained by my mom once we leave we take out of our 'rent' and I think it's a pretty good deal all around for the most part. So we used August and September to finally redo Henry's room. 

Before pictures:

Also I am completely to blame for the blue and green walls even while the carpet was pink. We painted it before my oldest brother got back from him mission and I think I had been watching too much Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and BOLD COLOR was like a thing, I guess? 







The Redo:






 Henry and Thea throughly enjoyed the time they had to roll and run around in an empty room before we put the furniture back 

The Results:





Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. The color on the wall at night when we first did it was not looking good but it dried and looked way better, it's also a little different than it looks in the pictures. Now I just need to get some more things on the walls, shelving type stuff etc but that will have to wait for when there is more money to do it. I'd like the redo the closet but who knows if that will happen, be expedient while we're here. I also wanted to replace the fan and I guess Henry wanted to too because he pulled the light chain clean out yesterday morning. I figured, well, may as well get the new one now then. So I now have a fan to install. Should be interesting to figure out, pray I don't electrocute myself.

It was work but I loved getting the room fixed up. It's no designer room but it is definitely better than it was and it feels good to make improvements and hopefully is good practice for when we get a house of our own someday!

1 comment:

Bryan and Natalie said...

It looks great! I can't wait until we have a place that we can paint and stuff.